Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

what is the SSH password for VVX500

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: what is the SSH password for VVX500

As already answered twice:

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello farisnt,

To answer your question, we do not provide end users with these details but it would be of interest what port this replied on.

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 11 of 15
Advisor

Thanks

as our security team request. if this port (22 TCP) is not needed it should be disabled

if this port is required then we should have the username and password otherwise they may block it.

what is the impact if we disable this port

the Phone config provision are using FTP to connect to my Lync and get the config.

so why this port is open and why its required

Message 12 of 15

Hello farisnt,

I have moved this post as you are using LYNC and this is the section to discuss LYNC.

SSH is used for the BToE Application so if you disable BToE the port will no longer be open.

We will not share any more details than this so I would appreciate if we could bring this topic to an end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 13 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Wow Moderator, you were unbelievably unhelpful with this issue.

Are these forums worthless?

Message 14 of 15

Hello kamidon@rlhfp.com,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are certain things I can discuss and certain I cannot.

The SSH password is one of the lather as there is no password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 15 of 15