cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do V500 and V700 Models require a Key Code? My S/N shows Key Code "None"

Occasional Contributor

Do V500 and V700 Models require a Key Code? My S/N shows Key Code "None"

We inherited a few brand new V500 and V700 units, and when we register the S/Ns, there is no Activation history, and no Key Code. They are all running 8.7 software. Should we even try and use these without a key code? The vendor is no longer supporting these items unfortunately. Since they all have 8.7 software, we are fine with staying at 8.7 if needed, but it seems odd there is no Key Code, unless a Key Code is strictly for upgrades.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Honored Contributor

Re: Do V500 and V700 Models require a Key Code? My S/N shows Key Code "None"

With V500/700 you need a key code (K-code) to use People+Content option. If in future you will want to upgrade (or to rebuild) the unit the upgrade key (U-code) will be necessary. If your system is out of maintenance contract you have to pay to get this key.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 2