Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have an HDX-8000 and I need to upgrade the software. I went to the licensing page and it shows all the versions but they all say "Available but not entitled" My unit was installed 11-7-2012.  The sortware is currently  3.0.4-20259

Do we have to buy each upgrade?  Never had one of these before so don't know the process.

Thanks so much!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello John,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom Video FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer:
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

or

Jun 23,2014 Question: Am I entitled to a software upgrade?

Answer: A Software update to the same Version number but a higher revision is usually free. A upgrade to the next version number (example 2.x to 3.x) requires the codec to be in warranty or a valid service contract.

In your case you can upgrade to any software 3.0.x that you can download but In order to upgrade to 3.1.x or any future 3.x.x software the above is relevant.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello John,

Answer:

or

Answer: A Software update to the same Version number but a higher revision is usually free. A upgrade to the next version number (example 2.x to 3.x) requires the codec to be in warranty or a valid service contract.

In your case you can upgrade to any software 3.0.x that you can download but In order to upgrade to 3.1.x or any future 3.x.x software the above is relevant.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have several VSX7000 units installed on the University of Sussex campus.

Due to a network issue recently we attempted to swap to RS232 control on a unit in a high profile lecture theatre, but It seems the firmware version on the unit (3.0.1-10628) does not allow RS232 control.

We have a second box in a similar theatre with firmware 3.0.2.1-17007 which does allow 232 control. but the control selection setting does not stick through a  power cycle. (a known fault I believe)

Consequently we need to perform a firmware upgade on these boxes. On following the procedure outlined in this thread we get the key showing as "available but not entitled".

Is there a way to do this? We deal with multiple hardware suppliers and none (so far) charge for firmware updates (this is all we need) to make their products perform at their best. I would have though it was to your advantage for this to be the case!

Help!

Bob P

Systems Support Engineer AV and GTS.

University of Sussex.

HP Recommended

Regards. I am the possessor of several apparatuses HDX8000. With the attempt to renew software, arose the problem. System requests key for the renovation. Key was lost. I can grant data of the device: SN: 880941103740CG --> polycom-hdx-release-3.1.11-53024.pup

soft: Release - 2.6.1-5159

mac: 00:E0:DB:10:37:40

HP Recommended

Hello agent.root,

Answer:

or

In your case I would assume that you only have software 2.6 so to upgrade to any software 3.x.x you most likely will have to purchase a service contract.

This is what I found:

Serial No:880941103740CG

Feature Licenses

License Number Version Number Key Code Model License Description (mouse over on elipse... for full text) Polycom Order Number Activated By Activated Date (yyyy/mm/dd)
K1000-0027-0001-6644   K1F7-931A-EF30-0005-1000 HDX 5150-26946-001: SW OPT LIC,HDX 1080p HDX2.6 SYSTEM 2010/07/05
K1009-2500-6051-8831   KB45-F216-0560-0001-1000 HDX 5150-27530-001: SW OPT,P+C AND POC,HDX JT-04454 xxx 2009/11/30

Version Number Upgrade Key Code  
3.1 Available but not entitled  
3.0 Available but not entitled  
2.6 Available but not entitled  
2.5 Available but not entitled  
2.0 Available but not entitled

I would double check and call our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Имя системы: SpartaМодель: HDX 8000 HDIP-адрес: 192.168.101.80WAN-адрес: Интерфейс: НетСерийный номер: 880941103740CG Текущая версия ПО: Release - 2.6.1-5159Версия обновленного ПО: Release - 3.1.11-53024Дата создания:2016-05-23 11:50:43-0500

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.