Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We've recently inherited a VSX7000 system from another department which has since been dissolved, apparently along with all documentation relating to this system.  Could you please email the software license for S/N: 820433049A35AK to tony.zhao@police.wa.gov.au?

Regards,

Tony Zhao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

You are most welcome.

According to Polycom's website, your video system is not entitled for software upgrades (Version Number 8.5->9.0).

As for the activation history and key code, they are also blank - I think if the system had a previous license and it was activated, it should show up on the website.

Either way, you could try either of the following:

1. Try and contact the integrator that sold the systems to you in order to obtain the licensing information.

2. If the system was purchased directly through Polycom, please try to contact them by opening a support ticket at:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/servicerequest/index.htm

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Tony!

You can manage your licenses and keys from the following website:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/home/home.htm

Please navigate to "Licensing & Product Registration" and select "License Dashboard".

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your input, but I checked that already and it doesn't list anything under that serial number.

Is there any other way of finding out what the license number was that came with it when they purchased the unit?

The reason I ask is because we purchased a Quad BRI module, but there was a notice stating that we need to upgrade the VSX software due to a hardware revision.  I've downloaded the software update but it asks for the software key.

Cheers,

Tony

HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

You are most welcome.

According to Polycom's website, your video system is not entitled for software upgrades (Version Number 8.5->9.0).

As for the activation history and key code, they are also blank - I think if the system had a previous license and it was activated, it should show up on the website.

Either way, you could try either of the following:

1. Try and contact the integrator that sold the systems to you in order to obtain the licensing information.

2. If the system was purchased directly through Polycom, please try to contact them by opening a support ticket at:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/servicerequest/index.htm

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks Daniel,

Does that mean we'd need to purchase a new license to upgrade the software, or the software cannot be upgraded at all?

Cheers,

Tony

HP Recommended

You are most welcome.

As to your question - it depends if you have an active service contract with your vendor that covers upgrades.

If not, then I am afraid you need to purchase a license key to upgrade.

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I have lost our license number. The serial number is L811400B13E1. Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello cwcrnbc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This section contains a post on the top called:

[FAQ] How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Please check this post.

In addition the second reply to the original poster who started this post also explains this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.