Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Lost License Number

SOLVED
WAPOL
Occasional Visitor

Lost License Number

Hi,

We've recently inherited a VSX7000 system from another department which has since been dissolved, apparently along with all documentation relating to this system.  Could you please email the software license for S/N: 820433049A35AK to tony.zhao@police.wa.gov.au?

Regards,

Tony Zhao

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daniel
Frequent Advisor

Re: Lost License Number

Hi Tony,

You are most welcome.

According to Polycom's website, your video system is not entitled for software upgrades (Version Number 8.5->9.0).

As for the activation history and key code, they are also blank - I think if the system had a previous license and it was activated, it should show up on the website.

Either way, you could try either of the following:

1. Try and contact the integrator that sold the systems to you in order to obtain the licensing information.

2. If the system was purchased directly through Polycom, please try to contact them by opening a support ticket at:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/servicerequest/index.htm

I hope this helps!

Daniel

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Daniel
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tony!

You can manage your licenses and keys from the following website:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/home/home.htm

Please navigate to "Licensing & Product Registration" and select "License Dashboard".

I hope this helps!

Daniel
Message 2 of 8
WAPOL
Occasional Visitor

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your input, but I checked that already and it doesn't list anything under that serial number.

Is there any other way of finding out what the license number was that came with it when they purchased the unit?

The reason I ask is because we purchased a Quad BRI module, but there was a notice stating that we need to upgrade the VSX software due to a hardware revision.  I've downloaded the software update but it asks for the software key.

Cheers,

Tony

Message 3 of 8
Daniel
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tony,

You are most welcome.

According to Polycom's website, your video system is not entitled for software upgrades (Version Number 8.5->9.0).

As for the activation history and key code, they are also blank - I think if the system had a previous license and it was activated, it should show up on the website.

Either way, you could try either of the following:

1. Try and contact the integrator that sold the systems to you in order to obtain the licensing information.

2. If the system was purchased directly through Polycom, please try to contact them by opening a support ticket at:

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/servicerequest/index.htm

I hope this helps!

Daniel

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
WAPOL
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Daniel,

Does that mean we'd need to purchase a new license to upgrade the software, or the software cannot be upgraded at all?

Cheers,

Tony

Message 5 of 8
Daniel
Frequent Advisor

You are most welcome.

As to your question - it depends if you have an active service contract with your vendor that covers upgrades.

If not, then I am afraid you need to purchase a license key to upgrade.

I hope this helps!

Daniel
Message 6 of 8
cwcrnbc
Occasional Visitor

I have lost our license number. The serial number is L811400B13E1. Thank you for your help!

Message 7 of 8
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello cwcrnbc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This section contains a post on the top called:

[FAQ] How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Please check this post.

In addition the second reply to the original poster who started this post also explains this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 8 of 8