I use a some Polycom equipments. HDX 8000 and 7000 and so on...
I need to install upgrade patch these equipments.
So, How can i get these update files?
Thank you in advances.
You can access Polycom software upgrades and patches via the following website:
Please note - in order to perform software upgrades, your systems must be eligible to receive a proper upgrade key. You can find out if your systems are eligible the following way:
1. Obtain the system's full serial number
2. Navigate to http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/home/index.htm?authenticationRequired=true and login with your credentials. If you do not have an account yet, you can create one for free by clicking 'Register for an Account'.
3. After logging in, please select the first option on your left - 'SITE & Single Activation / Upgrade' (http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/licenserequest/registerSingle.htm)
4. In the 'Serial Number' pane, please type your system's full serial number and click 'Next'
5. You will the see the complete software versions list and the system's eligibility for each version
Please note the following prior upgrading:
1. It is crucial that you know what you are doing. If you have a service contract with a local Polycom vendor, do not attempt any upgrades prior consulting them first - it could breach your contract and loose your coverage if you render the system unworkable.
2. Make sure that you thoroughly review the Release Notes for the software version you wish to install. It has a detailed explanation on the Upgrade Procedures which you should follow literally. Depending on your current software version, you might have to upgrade the system in stages (e.g. perform several upgrade procedures to reach the desired software version)
3. Make sure you backup all the system's settings and address books via the web UI.
4. Make sure nothing or nobody will disrupt the upgrade procedure! If someone accidentally unplugs or shuts off the video system while upgrading, it could "brick" your system and you won't be able to recover it without sending it to Polycom.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.