Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Well i have an older VSX 7000   the company i work for has paid there mainteance up to 2009 the firmware version on the unit is dated 2005.

Now here is the kicker i call polycom ask them can i get the newer version of the firmware dated upto  or can i pay to extend my mainteance upto to the current year and they can give me the product update.

its a flat no so not only paying for mainteance for the period from 2005 to 2009 was pointless they still dont honor it

im realy anoyed with the service i got from poly com  going to ensure that the new company i work for that has over 100000 Employees globaly  will steer clear of  poly com devices and hardware .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Uber User,

I am unsure if I understand your complaint.

A maintenance agreement only covers you during the time it is active. Requesting a new Software for something the your company last paid for 5 years back in 2009 should not be considered a reasonable request.

If you compare the same with for example an Anti Virus Software or any other Software like an operating system you would not get the same for free 5 years after paying last for a service.

During the 5 years of maintenance your company had access to any newer version of software and all the services that came with the maintenance contract.

You simply have to pay for a year maintenance to get access to the software and the service coming with it if you require the new software to add features.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am unsure if I understand your complaint.

A maintenance agreement only covers you during the time it is active. Requesting a new Software for something the your company last paid for 5 years back in 2009 should not be considered a reasonable request.

Im not asking for the latest update so asking for updates from 2014 im asking for an updated that should have been provided to me for 2009 and below as i paid for this as part of my maintieance contract  

If you compare the same with for example an Anti Virus Software or any other Software like an operating system you would not get the same for free 5 years after paying last for a service.

I would expect a anti virus software vendor to honor there agreement if i wanted a 2009 version of the software and i paid my maintrance for this period i would expect the 2009 version of the software with out any updates or virus defitions. Microsoft would do the same thing with any package that they provide  as well i dont understand how hard it is for you guys to actualy do the same thing.

During the 5 years of maintenance your company had access to any newer version of software and all the services that came with the maintenance contract.

Yes i agree on this still i was not looking after the equipment at this time I found  out in 2011 about the maitneance being removed i tried to contact polycom and they said that device is becoming end of life its VSX7000 and that they could not provide me with a quote for extension of mainteance

You simply have to pay for a year maintenance to get access to the software and the service coming with it if you require the new software to add features.

Polycom have said that the device is end of life  i did offer to pay an extension on my contract  or find out how much a single firm ware update would cost yet im told flat no sorry we cant help you  

All im after is 1 single firmware update from

Beta 7.5.2 - 29Mar2005 12:32

to  2006 version of the fimrware  I think this is pretty resonable as i have allready paid 5 years maitneance  and i should be able to update the firmware even if it is 2014

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Uber User,

The community is not really the right place to properly professionally discuss the issue especially now that you actually provided more detail.

During your maintenance period you or your company had access to certain firmware version. Depending on what exact model your VSX is it may be, as already advised, end of sale/life.

Please contact myself via the community mail system and provide me with your contact details and the serial of this device so we can look into this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I understand the frustration of this customer, because I've been waiting now for 3 weeks while my order to renew my service has been in limbo.  Yes, I let my service lapse, but I asked my vendor to apply the penalty in addition to the service contract and still nothing from Polycom in response to the request.  If it weren't for the fact that we paid a significant amount for this equipment I wouldn't purchase from them again.  I'd go to Cisco instead.

HP Recommended

Hello UNICEFCanada,

Please be aware that we are already reaching out to this individual customer directly after they provided us with their contact details.

I am unable to comment on your individual case without knowing the exact details but you hopefully give us a chance to respond to your specific case once we are provided with your details.

Please contact me via the Community mail service in order to maintain a professional relationship.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.