Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a VSX5000 that the microphone is not working on the support site tells me that updates my software and asks me to do a key, but the key I was given is for software version 8.5.2 and need to update to version 9.0.6.2, I do ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Isodro,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The top of the Software licensing community contains this post here:

You can only retrieve the relevant license that you are entitled to.

When you purchased the codec or during the maintenance period purchased you can upgrade to the entitled software version.

If you are outside warranty or maintenance then you are only entitled to the versions the web site offers you a key for.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you require a newer version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Isodro,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The top of the Software licensing community contains this post here:

You can only retrieve the relevant license that you are entitled to.

When you purchased the codec or during the maintenance period purchased you can upgrade to the entitled software version.

If you are outside warranty or maintenance then you are only entitled to the versions the web site offers you a key for.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you require a newer version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

everything is right I said ud, however the license number box I have to update that data, that data which should have it? POLYCOM or I must provide in the web? I do I upgrade the software of this model POLYCOM because the microphone does not work.

http://www.lulac.net/programs/technology/problemwiththemicrophone.pdf

Please guide me

Isidro Velez

HP Recommended

Hello Isodro,

the linked Document is not an official Polycom documentation and I am unaware why you would require a new software in order to fix your microphone issue.

So far you have not provided any details of your unit:

•          Has this unit ever worked and only recently failed?

•          Is this a new unit or did you acquire it second hand?     

I have updated the licensing FAQ post with more details so you should be able to find and retrieve any license that this unit is entitled to.

If there is no key shown for the 9.x software then you or the person / organization who purchased the unit initially did not have a maintenance contract or did not purchase a update for this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.