Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all;

I have a VSX 7000 that was in a remote office. When powered on it goes to the boot screen with the IP/mac addresses. On the screen it says "Flash Mount Failed" "Please run system update to restore system files". I went through the process of obtaining the key via the license dashboard. I tried to download the firmware that matched what I had but I can not find 9.0, only 9.0.1. I tried this using the code and it does not work. So I tried 8.7 with the code and that did not work either. Am I taking a miss step in resolving this issue? Thanks!

Version Number Key Code Activated Date (yyyy/mm/dd) Activated By 9.0 U442-14BC- 2008/06/27 SYSTEM 8.7 U2E2-6E67- 2007/08/31 SYSTEM 8.5 U2A0-BC3C- 2006/11/19 justin.mead@polycom.com

I have since replaced the unit, but would not mind having it up and running again in an emergency 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hate to double post but I can not seem to find the edit option...

8204470536CAAK is the serial number of the unit.

HP Recommended

I know this post is old, but the following is what I had to do (It may help others since there is not much online that shows how to fix this).  First I logged into the support site and then using the menu options went to Licensing & Product Registration -> Activation Upgrade -> All other Polycom Products -> SITE & Single Activation/Upgrade Activate Now -> Put in the S/N -> Hit the upgrade tab.  In your case the key code show for 9.0 and the 9.01 software should work, but there is a catch.  After you download the software you have to erase the flash first with the Softupdate.  After it restarts you can then “upgrade” with Softupdate using the code for 9.0.  It looks like the latest Softupdate is 9.0.6.2 so you could try the erase and update with that (Documents & Software -> Telepresence and Video on the right choose Telepresence and Video and VSX 7000 in the Documents & Software drop downs).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.