Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

In our company, we have a VSX 7000 running software version release 7.0.1 and I need to upgrade it to 8.5.3. I understand that you must have a license code for this, which I don't have.

I need to upgrade to 8.5.3 since we have 2 more vsx 7000 running this software version and they can join a conference bridge using AES encryption. When I tried to enable AES encryption on the 7.0.1 vsx, the change is not saved.

This is the system serial number:

820434049B63AK

I will appreciate your comments.

Thanks!!!

Braulio.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear Barenas...

if you want to upgrade your machine you need to have an active service contract (your contract ended in 2005) or you have to purchase the software upgrade. Without an upgrade key there´s no way to bring your machine to the latest software release.

Please contact your Polycom Partner for more details.

Kind regards,

Uwe

HP Recommended

Thanks Uwe, I will contact the partner!

HP Recommended
hii barenas,u told u hv multiple vsx, so can just do a simple thing thats just enter ur serial no in upgrade n activation dialog box, n choose single site n enter ur serial no xxxxx,choose upgrade,the system will automatically generates upgrade key code n u can upgrade........i personally done this for multiple vsx...thanks
HP Recommended
hii barenas,you told you hv multiple vsx, so just do a simple thing thats just enter ur serial no in upgrade n activation dialog box, n choose single site n enter ur serial no xxxxx,choose upgrade,the system will automatically generates upgrade key code and you can upgrade........i personally done this for multiple vsx...thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.