cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to confirm the license

Occasional Contributor

Want to confirm the license

Hi.

I'd like to confirm about the Polycom Software License.

I have bought 5 licence of Real Presence Desktop.

Does this mean that I only can install the software into 5 PCs?

Or does it mean I can install into many PCs but only can activate for 5 people?

(If I only can activate for 5 people, what happens if I try to activate for the 6th person?)

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Want to confirm the license

Hello NetworkDriver,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If RPD is used in standalone mode a per PC license as you purchased is needed.

Using a CMA or any other Polycom solution supporting the RPD a pool of licenses is used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen:

Thank you for your reply.

I am using in standalone mode.

So that means I only can install in 5 PCs(or for 5 persons)?

Then what if I want to install in 6th PC and activate for the 6th person?

Do I just unistall the software in one of the 5 PCs that already has the RPD installed,

install it in the 6th PC and then activate with 6th person's e-mail address?

Best Regards,

NetworkDiver

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Network Driver,

its the same as adding a license to an operating system. Once it is activated on that specific PC you cannot "claim" back the license and install it on another PC.

The 6th or any further PC's if used in standalone will need a license. You can always run the trial mode for any one off PC but once it reaches 30 days you can no longer use it and will need to purchase a additional license.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen:

...Really?...

...Oh gosh....

Then, I have one more question.

(You might have the same answer, but I want to make things clear)

I've installed in my PC (and activated). Then the PC broke and I want to install it in my new PC.

Do I have to install and activate with new e-mail address and activation code or

can I install and activate with the same e-mail address and activation code that I used before?

(i.e. the same code that I used before the PC broke.)

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5