Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Aux Audio Out

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Aux Audio Out

I'd like to use the AUX audio out on the polycom soundstation 2w attached to a computer to give the computer access to the microphones I can connect to the SoundStation. However, when I have the setup complete & turn on the aux audio the computer only receives sound when the soundstation is on a call.

How can I turn on the microphones on the soundstation to record room audio without making a call?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Aux Audio Out

Hello @Ender Wiggin ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The SoundStation 2W was developed in mid-2000. It has now been discontinued and is no longer for sale. The Product is working as designed in this matter.

I suggest if you want an external speaker for a PC to look at the Poly Calisto 7200

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

My current work around is to call myself & put me on a silent hold... But that procedure, in addition to having to re-activate Aux audio out every time make the process cumbersome at best.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Ender Wiggin ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The SoundStation 2W was developed in mid-2000. It has now been discontinued and is no longer for sale. The Product is working as designed in this matter.

I suggest if you want an external speaker for a PC to look at the Poly Calisto 7200

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for that product suggestion Steffen. It looks like the Calisto is almost what I am looking for, but it doesn't look like the 7200 will support the size of the room (10-15 people) & I didn't see an option for additional microphones. Is that accurate?

Message 4 of 4