Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom voxbox super low voice picked up and strange notification sound

Visitor

Polycom voxbox super low voice picked up and strange notification sound

Recently last week, my polycom voxbox performed strangly with very low voice pickup on the microphone, always below -24db or even lower. This cause us to unable to perfome calls, we tried to shout loudly but it is not better, the distance from the speaker to us is just 15cm.

We tried to talked directly to the mics (5-7cm) and the signal get louder but mainly wind noise from our sound source. To overcome this bad wind noise, we covered the mics with foam filter (the one for the XLR microphone that we have) and get rid of the wind noise. However again the signal is super low. We do not want to should and hold the speakerphone like this, this we can get a audio interface and decent cheap mic and sounds way way better.

In addition, the notification sound when turn on/off the speakerphone is changed as the link below, please have a look.

We tried to reach out to customer service but nothing feedback yet and tried to ask to reflash the firmware or downgrade if it works. We run the latest firmware 1.0.03.0002.

Could you please have a look and get back to us as this is an expensive products and not worked as advertised? This cause a big disappointment to all of us, and please let us know if and how to do the RMA as we could not able to do it with our reseller.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkja65rriybmzln/IMG_1077.MOV?dl=0

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom voxbox super low voice picked up and strange notification sound

Hello @Nam Dang ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2