Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Here is the setup

Window 10 PC with build in Bluetooth 4.0  adapter.

RealPresense desktop ver 3.9

Vox box firmware 1.0.0.00.0005,  Companion sw ver 1.0.0.436

Voxbox connect as MIC only with bluethooth , audio out is speaker bar.

Problem  1. The AEC doesn't work in VoxBox when connecting in bluethooth, however it is working ok when connect it with USB cable with same setup.

Have tried jabra 710 connection in bluethooth as same setup, it is working fine for AEC.

Problem 2 - When schedule a conference call with clariti by answering call with mute by default. Voxbox unable to unmute the mic at RPD, must use mouse to manual click on unmute button at RPD interface. 

Problem 3 - When call in progress in RPD, power on voxbox , it doesn't kick in as mic for RPD. Must disconnect call and dial back. Sometime the RPD 3.9 will just clash and close by itself.

Appreciate your support on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI DV9,

Thank you for the update.  The use of an external soundbar will not function with this setup. In order to resolve the issue you would have to use the VoxBox as both the speaker and the microphone.

Brian T.

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello DV9!

Is the Bluetooth on your pc built in or connected through a dongle ? When it is connected over Bluetooth as when it is plugged in using USB  is it in the same location on the table ?

When answering the call placed by Clariti are you answering on RPD or the VoxBox ? We would expect it to function properly if you answered the call with the VoxBox.

Is the VoxBox the Default audio device on your computer ? At what point does the software crash ?

Best Regards

Brian T.

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us .

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Hi Brian,

1. The bluetooth is blue in adapter BT4.0

2. When connecting via USB cable then switch over to bluetooth is same location for voxbox and speaker bar and RPD.

3. call setting is auto answer at RPD.

4. Voxbox is 'defaut device' in PC sound setting.

5. When turn ON the power for voxbox while 'call in progress' where audio setting at RPD trying to change from NO device (Voxbox not yet turn on) to Voxbox.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi DV9,

Can you confirm the full version of RPD that is installed ? An updated release of software was posted for your VoxBox can you please install and see if you still experience the same issues after the update ?

Best Regards

Brian T.

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

HP Recommended

Hi,

Current RPD sw ver is 3.9.0.69889, I can't seem to find the updated RPD sw at polycom support web.

HP Recommended

Hi DV9,

You Are running the latest release of the RPD software. All downloads for the RPD can be found on

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/video/realpresence-desktop/...

There is an updated release for the VoxBox 1.0.1 that can be found on

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/voxbox.html

Can you please install and see if you still experience the same issues after the update ? 

Best Regards

Brian T.

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

HP Recommended

Hi Brian,

I have tried the RPD 3.9 and Voxbox on 1.01, it doesn't help on this issue.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

HI DV9,

Thank you for the update.  The use of an external soundbar will not function with this setup. In order to resolve the issue you would have to use the VoxBox as both the speaker and the microphone.

Brian T.

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.