VoxBox firmware update doesnt work

Occasional Visitor

VoxBox firmware update doesnt work

Hi,

We have a couple of VoxBox and trying to update the firmware from the Polycom VoxBox companion and it doesnt work... update always fail (and the software tell us that we need to update from version 1.0.00.0005 to 1.0.01.0015)

I tried on different computer

Different OS (WIndows 10 and Windows7)

Tried run as admin

And finally, tried with different VOxBox (we have about 6 of these). 

So My guess is that firmware update doesnt work fro the companion and we are stuck with an old firmware version... What can we do to fix this issue... is there any other way to update the firmware? If not, please update your companion application to make it functional because it is broken right now.

Let me know

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VoxBox firmware update doesnt work

Hello @Raidx,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

At present there should be no need to update the VoxBox as there are no urgent fixes.

Are you using any kind of antivirus or what language is your OS in?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same issue and cannot update/upgrade the firmware.  Seems like its down for update.

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello all,

We released a new version of the companion app and the VoxBox as of yesterday.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

The update was pushed through Companion when I plugged in the usb cable to use on a conference call. The unit is now bricked.   no microphone, no audio, no response through the usb cable nor when attached through bluetooth.   "factory reset" had no effect.  

Message 5 of 6

Hello @BWM1130,

Please try the following to collect the logs:

- Click on tray icon, context menu opens up.
- Hover over help option, and select "Get Logs" option.
- This will start log collection procedure, archive all the logs and starts a compose email dialog with attached logs.
- User can then add PGS email and send.

We would need to ask you to work with your reseller for an RMA

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 6 of 6