Informations about Lync dial plan support of UCS 4.0.2

SOLVED
PeterFischer
Occasional Advisor

Informations about Lync dial plan support of UCS 4.0.2

In the release notes of the UCS 4.0.2 I found the new features

"76730 Added support for Lync normalization rules and dial plans."

"77038 Added support for early media followed by local ring back."

Where can I found more informations and documentations to this features?

Could it be that the first named feature is the cause why our SL8450 aren't able to dial in our Lync environment after software upgrade?

In the Lync trace I see that suddenly the SIP INVITE is missing the leading '+'.

After downgrade software dialing is possible again and  '+' in SIP INVITE from SL8450 is present again.

Thanks,

Peter

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Informations about Lync dial plan support of UCS 4.0.2

Hello Peter,

before UCS 4.0.2 Rev B Standard US Dialplan if used with LYNC + would be added:

dialplan.digitmap = [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT.

Since UCS 4.0.2 Rev B:

dialplan.digitmap=RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT.

or if you use a LYNC Line on Line 1 and SIP on Line 2:

dialplan.1.digitmap=RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT.

dialplan.2.digitmap = [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Peter,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

From the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide:

voIpProt.SIP.requestURI.E164.addGlobalPrefix 0 or 1

If set to 1, ‘+’ global prefix is added to the E.164 user parts in sip: URIs.

Above will add the "+" again if set to ="1"

I assume the documentation for LYNC will be updated to reflect this change in behavior.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 9
PeterFischer
Occasional Advisor

Hello Steffen,

although setting the recommended voIpProt.SIP.requestURI.E164.addGlobalPrefix to 1,

the SL8450 aren't able to dial after upgrading to 4.0.2.

In Lync trace I see that after software upgrade is again missing the E.164 '+'

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Peter

Message 3 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Peter,

I am no where near my LYNC Test Server so I am unable to test.

Have you tried using the digitmap to add the + instead?

Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 9
shaunjstokes
Advisor

I have the same problem on this firmware (4.0.2), we have no + at the start of our numbers when dialling despite using voIpProt.SIP.requestURI.E164.addGlobalPrefix="1". The digit map cannot be used to add + as it only supports 0-9 * #.

I've followed the Lync setup guides for Polycom UC to the very letter but the Polycom ignores the Lync dial plan normalization rules, is there something I'm missing here?

Message 5 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello all,

I am nowhere near a phone but you should be able to use R+R in the digitmap in 4.0.2 Rev B

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Peter,

before UCS 4.0.2 Rev B Standard US Dialplan if used with LYNC + would be added:

dialplan.digitmap = [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT.

Since UCS 4.0.2 Rev B:

dialplan.digitmap=RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT.

or if you use a LYNC Line on Line 1 and SIP on Line 2:

dialplan.1.digitmap=RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT.

dialplan.2.digitmap = [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
PeterFischer
Occasional Advisor

Hello Steffen,

sorry for my delayed response: your example for a integration of  '+' into SL dialplan works for me, so we are now able to use the 4.0.2 software with Lync.

Thanks,

Peter

Message 8 of 9
jschertz
Polycom Employee

Also be aware that extension dialing now works with Lync and 4.0.2.   See this blog article for details and configuration instructions:

http://blog.schertz.name/2012/04/extension-dialing-with-polycom-sip-phones

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Message 9 of 9