Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

New guy here. 20 years in pro audio, concerts and installations. New to videoconferencing. Trying to setup a simple system for a client. We are installing a projector ( VGA ) and screen, as well as a basic conference room sound system. They are currently doing dail-in audio only conferences for a 50 seat room using 2 VoIP speaker phones. Yeah, I know. 

I need to give them the ability to continue the phone conferences and add video to it. Looking at some stand alone rigs like the QDX 6000 or VSX 8000. Has to be simple and user friendly. This is for real estate training, not rocket scientists. 

Need VGA out to send incoming video to the projector. Need phantom powered mic input, hopefully 2, for audience and presenter mics. Need a video send for a presenter monitor/workstation. Need to be able to feed and show PowerPoint type presentations from a laptop. Need a camera input for the presenter. Either proprietary camera or a decent CCTV camera. Have those now. Doing  some security installations, got access to plenty of decent cameras. 

All this is for a 20x30 room.  And, of course, budget is the big issue. 

I have read product information, reviews, articles and hyperbole until my eyes are crossed. Need some solid advice from people who use and install these systems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You will not find conference systems with phantom mic support.

Best solution is to deploy audio separately, then just connect it to VC system via line audio.

QDX have no option to use VGA as a main screen, so you need to use converter. Also, QDX have very bad echocanceller, mush worse, than HDX series.

My opinion is to use HDX 7000, but the best idea is to find local guys, that installs Polycom and ask them for help.

HP Recommended

we use VSX8000 (old machine but plenty of possibility ) to make videoconf in a 1400 seat meeting room

with 4 pro. camera and Nexo sound system. 

For audio :

You could use a small audio mixer to power up (48V ) your mic and send the out signal ( "line") to your VSX 

(maybe you will have to set up a N-1 depending your configuration)

Check the webinterface of the VSX to set your microphone (see attached screen capture)

I don't know if the phantom power is working even if it's present in the setting panel (??)

For video,

you will have to convert all video signal to composite to input in the VCR

In the VSX you have to select "VCR" as main camera (or switch from the remote controler)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I am in contact with several "experts" in teleconferencing. Wanted opinions from some folks who are not trying to close a sale from us. Thanks for the input and the tip about the QDX system. Being primarily an audio guy, don't want to be pulling my hair out over bad sound. 

I will post their suggestions as I get them. Thanks in advance for sharing you knowledge. 

HP Recommended

Ok. Here's the situation. i didn't realize our customer was using gotomeeting. Our supplier explained the basics of their equipment and why it isn't compatible. So.... With this new information.... Any thoughts?

is there a way to get decent images and 2 way communication through gotomeeting? I still have to get it to the projector and sound System. Still need need decent audio and video. All I know is gotomeeting is not the best way to do this. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.