Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying the m100 software and getting some trouble.

In my company we already have a HDX700 set up in a VBP. I'm using the VBP as gatekeeper and I can dial to my HDX and it can dial to me, but I can't dial to another number outside my  network. We have HDX environments in other countries that by HDX I can dial but m100 not.

What I have to configure in m100 to allow me dial to them ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The m100 will pickup the IP address of its host laptop which is most likely a non-ratable IP address. You will need to set up a public IP address for it and enter that address in the NAT section of the m100 settings. There may also be a Windows firewall which is turned on. Or you may need to register the m100 to the same gatekeeper that the HDX uses. 

HP Recommended

He might be using a different gateway.  Try doing a trace of your route and compare with the trace from the 7000. If going out the same way the unit has the same hops out to the internet.

the command in command line is "tracert 8.8.8.8"  it traces to google dns.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.