Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i tried searching through the forum and couldnt get an answer, so putting up my question here.

I have a Polycom RMX 2000 which I am currently using for my H323 endpoints.

If at all i want to have Cisco CTS endpoints register to it, Do I have to buy any license for Telepresence? how much aproximately is the cost of this license? how should i check if this license is already installed on my RMX or not?

Second, post buying the license (if the need be), how do i configure the video call between my RMX and a Cisco CTS endpoint?

Thanks,

Rony

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Rony

Pleasde see the guide here http://www.polycom.com/global/documents/whitepapers/polycom-enhances-portfolio-with-support-of-tip.p... for an overview.

There is no license required for the RMX, TIP is enabled by default.  You may have to change/create a conference profile.

If you want Telepresence layouts then that is a one off charge for the RMX.  To check to see if you have it or not, log into the RMX and go to Administration and select System information.  Telepresence Mode will be set to True or False.

HP Recommended

Graham,

thanks for your reply. i checked in my SYSTEM INFO and I see telepresence mode set to FALSE.

However, still if i go to conference profile, I cannot create a TP profile conference.

So I was guessing if I need to purchase any license  to enable doing a Video conference with a TP endpoint?

Thanks,

Rony

HP Recommended

You can still do the conferences, just means you will have borders etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.