Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are currently using a polycom meeting room set up where we have multiple meeting rooms under one ip and are differentiated by ## in the ip such "xxx.x.x.x##xxxx".  Our way to give the functionality of having multiple people a place to dial into who cant use the multipoint license.

With the new RealPresence software that replace Telepresence, when I try to create a contact for those meeting rooms, the software doesnt allow me to enter "##".  Does anyone have any work arounds or specific setups that would allow people running the desktop software to connect to these rooms?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You might try annex O dialing....    xxxxx@x.x.x.x  

1001@10.10.10.10  

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hi LuisGu

try some variants:

1)  IP Address field: IP address (x.x.x.x) and H.323 Extension field: Meeting room number

or

2) H.323 Name field: IP##<number> or <number>@IP

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks guys.  I think I didn't really realize what the problem is until I tried you're recommendations but the xxx.x.x.x##xxxx scheme works fine when manually punching in the ip as a destination but the application doesn't allow for "#" to be in the saved contact info.  Unfornately, both of those options didn't really work but thanks for the input.  We might have to have the user manually punch in the ip.  Thanks everyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.