Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Employee

What is top of mind for you right now?Capture.PNG

When I think back to the last time I wrote a ‘Spotlight on the Benelux’ post, I can safely say a lot has changed.  This is the reason I wanted to share an update with you all sooner rather than later and outline what’s important for us right now.

As I referenced in my last post, we have made several changes to the Benelux team and welcomed David Van den Berg as a Major Enterprise Accounts Sales Manager and Sebastiaan Hoogstadt as a Channel Sales Manager to the team at the beginning of September. Since they have been on board, both David and Sebastiaan have made a tremendous impact to the business and their enthusiasm and drive has reenergised the team.

In the last two months we took a bit of a step back to understand and address our challenges. One of our biggest priorities was to make sure the channel team works in tight cooperation with our High Touch team, ensuring regular communication and face to face visits with our customers and partners. We have received very positive feedback from our channel partners already, resulting in closer alignment with our priorities and generating leads, as well as more traction from end users.

David and the High Touch team are working closely with our customers to help them understand our position in the industry and how our breadth of voice and video solutions can support their UC&C requirements.

Sebastiaan is leading the charge, addressing the immediate needs of our channel partners. We are continuing to work closely with our valued distribution partners in the region to ensure we support our partners and use our resources effectively. As we continue to strengthen our channel team, we have also welcomed Tally Salzman as a new Channel Account Manager to the team in October.

What else is new in the Benelux?

We continue to invest in our relationship with Microsoft and have reengaged in our membership of The Social Enterprise Society Platform. The Platform is a group of Dutch UC related companies who are aiming to help businesses in The Netherlands effectively use Skype for Business. This allows us to remain a visible part of the Microsoft ecosystem, creating great momentum for Polycom and an opportunity for our new solutions, such as the Polycom® RealPresence Trio™. It is through this partnership that System Integrators are approaching us more and more. Skype for Business is clearly driving enterprise value and is in high demand, subsequently driving hardware demand. The direct integration that we offer with Microsoft and Office365 makes Polycom the clear choice.

Vertical sectors continue to be a focus for us. With our new portfolio of solutions that can address most customers’ requirements regardless of business size or requirement, a priority for us will be to enter C-level conversations; taking the product conversation to a business level. Already we can see a real appetite for our new solutions, including the Polycom Video as a Service which we look forward to bringing to the market this quarter.

With our new portfolio of solutions and a solid team in place, we can look forward to 2016 with a renewed focus, rigour and pace.

Announcements
The on-demand webcast about Polycom's new breakthrough solutions is available for replay. Watch it now.

Featured Authors