Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

good morning

We have the following problem, any person or server outside the company, is making calls to Polycom videoconferencing system we have and we are disrupting and blocking video conferencing, we can not identify who they are, that when the call comes just ringing but not gives video signal and not let it hang.

We need to block these calls to keep out our Polycom have 3 total on the day may be calling about 20 times.

The Polycom we handle are.

HDX 7000 HD, VVX1500, RealPresence Desktop

Waiting for your comments

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello asruizl,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Simply check your logs or CDR and identify the IP address of the caller and ban the IP on your firewall.

This is not a Polycom issue as the same would happen if someone calls your phone.

Identify the source and ban them via your firewall.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi 

I've met the same calls many times.

Someone trys to use company's telephony system through videoconferencing equipments.

What I see:

call type: SIP

Source alias: 101@<IP of a company's videoconferencing system, usualy it is SBC or something like RPAD, VCS Expressway, >

Destination alias: 810972597856247@<IP of a company's videoconferencing system>

If a company have a trunk between a VC and a IP telephony system and haven't any calls restrictions, these calls will connect successfully.

The source IP is different every time. In that case you have to use a white list on a firewall instead a black list and add to the white list only your IPs and IPs of your partners.

asruizl, if you don't use SIP on your devices, you can turn it off and I think you won't receive these calls after that.

Regards 

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

We have the same issue. Your solution si impossible, because it`s the caller IS the same Polycom HD7000 multipoint, of course. It`s  a good idea ban the ip of the own System? It`s posible? It´s the right solution?

If we respond the call you recibe your own video and audio signal, make a loop, even whit audio mute, then the System became frozen and restart..

Please consiedere it as a Polycom problem, because Im afraid it is.

Regards,

Alén Pérez

HP Recommended

Hello Alen,

I did nowhere mention to ban your own IP. I said to identify the incoming address and ban it.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hola, 

pudiste arreglar el problema? Saludos!

HP Recommended

Hi i have the same problem. the ip that i assign in my polycom hdx 7000 will call on its own its like dialing its own ip  when there is a video conference on going.. and it is getting worst, it will spam.  something like this. 1@ the ip of our VC..

anyone experience this kind of problem.

Regards,

donski

HP Recommended

Hellodonski,

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 07,2015 Question: How can I prevent Phantom calls to my Video Solution?

Answer: A local Firewall or a Polycom Firewall traversal solution can be utilized to stop this. In order to add this to a possible future Software version in the form of a whitelist please contact Luriep => here <= or Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That Solution is not good at all. We have 6 systems thruout our company on differant firewalls and managing a blacklist is not a good fix. I can't tell my users yes this is a issue and the fix Polycom has come up with is to add them to a black list. So now they have to report evrytime this happens and intrupes one of there meetings. You should have something in the configuration to block all incoming calls.

HP Recommended

Hello DanielM,

Please work with your Polycom reseller on a Feature Request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.