Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I hope someone could help me:

I have 1080i50 video from Panasonic videosystem and want to use it as Polycom Group 500 main camera.

Panasonic has HDMI output, so i have to use Digital Breakout Adapter (DBA 7200-68524-125). Thats ok, because adapter supports 1080i50 resolution/rate.

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/video/rpg_eedba_sug.p...

But there is one problem - HDCI input supports only 1080p30 and 1080p60 (this is written in the datasheet, People video resolution)

http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/realpresence-group-500-ds-en...

Does anyone knows, this should work? Does DBA change video format that fit HDCI input? Or maybe HDCI input supports more formats that is writtent in the datasheet?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The DBA does not do any active changing of the I/O.

The GS codecs support 1920x1080i or 1920x1080p up to 60fps, so that does include the 50fpgs.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

In the datasheet there is mentioned only 1080p30/60  (Peolple video resolution). Content resolution is acceptable, but if I understand right, i need to look at People video resolution, yes? Because i need tu use HDCI port..

HP Recommended

Indeed. Good question. Does Polycom Group systems support 1080i50 video signal on Main Camera HDCI input? Has anyone some hands-on  experience or can someone make a quick test and report back to this thread?

Regards,

Zilvinas

HP Recommended

The supported resolutions are in the DBA User's Guide, which I have attached a copy of for reference. 

From an expert: 

So if the system detects the EE-IV camera, and the country is set to a 50Hz-centric country, the camera will operate at 50 Hz.

The Group series codec will tell the camera to operate at 720p or 1080p depending on the license applied.

The EE-IV camera does not have an interlace mode, and the codec cannot tell the camera to use that mode.

HP Recommended

I've converted 1080i60 SDI/HDMI to Component, feed that component signal into Component to HDCI with no problem here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.