Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I found a post on this forum that explained how to adjust the keep alive for 3.0.0 - see below

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/HDX-7000-Dropping-Calls/td-p/60146

Is this functionality still available in 3.1.9? When I try using the command I don't get anything in return.

I've also tried downloading the guides that help with this, but they never fully load and I can't effectively use them as a resource.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I just tested this on an HDX 8000 and it worked fine.  Please be aware..

1.System MUST not be in a call (the command will be rejected).

2. This is a TELNET command that must be run against Telnet Port 23 NOT the Polycom API Control Port 24.

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

I use putty to telnet to my Polycom HDX 7000 HD and use my administrator password when prompted "Welcome to ViewStation
Password:"

after entering the password I get the below:

R: telnet /tmp/apiasynclisteners/psh0 /dev/pts/0

Polycom Command Shell
XCOM host:    localhost port: 4121
TTY name:     /dev/pts/0
Session type: telnet

from this point i enter "tcp kainterval" which should give me the current interval, but I get nothing in return.

So I try "tcp ka interval 180" and I get nothing in return.

neither gives me an error, but there is basically no response to those commands at all.

I'm wondering if I need to be logging in as the administrator. Plus, this is not during a call.

HP Recommended

I just tested with Putty and HDX 8000 and HDX 9000..     this is what I got...

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2016.04.15 09:06:59 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Welcome to ViewStation
Password:

R: telnet /tmp/apiasynclisteners/psh0 /dev/pts/0
Polycom Command Shell
XCOM host:    localhost port: 4121
TTY name:     /dev/pts/0
Session type: telnet

tcp kainterval
2016-04-15 13:07:05 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: uimsg: [C: tcp kainterval]
2016-04-15 13:07:05 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: APPCOM: C: tcp kainterval cmd response is 0
2016-04-15 13:07:05 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: 1900
tcp kainterval 1000
2016-04-15 13:07:12 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: uimsg: [C: tcp kainterval 1000]
2016-04-15 13:07:12 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: APPCOM: C: tcp kainterval 1000 cmd response is 0
2016-04-15 13:07:12 INFO avc: pc[0]: config: tcpkeepalivetime[0]:1000
tcp kainterval
2016-04-15 13:07:32 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: uimsg: [C: tcp kainterval]
2016-04-15 13:07:32 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: APPCOM: C: tcp kainterval cmd response is 0
2016-04-15 13:07:32 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: 1000
exit

I was signed on as Administrator (from a windows standpoint) but I don't believe that has any effect to this issue.

I've also used the windows "Telnet" command and it worked the same.

In your description, you said you used a command of "tcp ka interval nnnn"    The command is "tcp kainterval nnnn".  I don't know if that was a typo or not on your statement.

Cheers,

Gary M 

HP Recommended

that statement was a typo. I will escilate this with our purchased support for our  team to see if I am missing anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.