Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm running RP Group 300s with Version 4.0.2-40451 software.  I'v ebeen able to upgrade the software on a device using the USB method, but when I've tried it from either my CMA4000 or from a web server the updates fail.  Files start copying across but I get an error when it hits data-template.tar.gz and stops.  The endpoint will reboot and revert back to the original version of code.

Has anyone experienced (and remedied) this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please open an escalation with Polycom support so we can get the logs and look at it.

HP Recommended

Issue was resolved doing updates via a web server.  Apparently there are some files in the software distribution whose extensions didn't have a corresponding MIME type defined in IIS.  I added a wildcard type (extension .*, MIME type application/octet-stream) to the website and the downloads worked as expected.

HP Recommended

One of the Polycom engineers looked at this and responded this way:

Specifically “ Apparently there are some files in the software distribution whose extensions didn't have a corresponding MIME type defined in IIS”

That’s why I’m guessing the WebServer (the IIS) wan’t configured properly to support files contained in the repo.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.