Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to enable AES encryption between a V500(64) and an HDX 7000.  I have updated my software on the V500 to V9.0.6.2, which is the latest.  The HDX 7000 is new. 

I can enable AES encryption on the V500 under admin, general, security.  I then Set the HDX 7000 to require AES encryption on all calls. 

when I try to connect to the HDX 7000 from the V500, it states that it could not make the connection becuase of Permission or security issues. 

when I disable encryption on both ends, they connect and work fine.

what do I need to do to enable AES encryption between these 2 devices and have it work properly? ]

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is very possible that AES is being blocked somewhere in the network.  A firewall perhaps.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Ken.   My V500 is connectly directly to the internet, public static IP address. no firewall. 

the HDX on the other end,  also has a public static IP address.  I'll have to ask if it's behind a firewall. 

to your knowledge, should the V500 and the HDX 7000 be able to communicate using AES encryption?

HP Recommended

Yes AES is supported on the V500, If you have the older 64mb version the AES can only be turned on or off. The 'When available' setting is not available.

Still sounds like a firewall. Here is one example from the VSX release notes.

Cisco currently does not support AES or H.239 in the “fixup protocol h323

h225 1720”.

release notes can be found at this link, Search the document for AES

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/v_series/v500.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.