Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a Polycom HDX 9001, software version 3.0.5 - 22695, and I have found a bug in "AES Encryption".

In Admin Settings > General Settings > Security > Security Settings, if "AEs Encryption" is set to "Required for all calls".

I set it to "When available".  If I restart the terminal and check the option again, it's set back to "Required for all calls".  Very annoying bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As this is not a bug...it isn´t "solved" in 3.1.1.3.

The CMDlet on the lync will set the server to support encryption.

This means that normal calls between lync clients stay encrypted but the hdx system is able to talk encrypted to lync clients and also unencrypted with endpoints, that don´t support encryption.

Otherwise, if a vc endpoint isn´t able to encrypt, the call wouldn´t be established.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Is your system connected to ms lync 2010 or 2013 ??

By default ms lync needs encryption and therefore, when connected, the hdx also sets this value to "required for all calls" (expected behaviour). You can solve that problem by setting ms lync to "support encryption".

CMDlet: set-CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel supportencryption

As the latest version for the hdx series is 3.1.1.3, you should consider to upgrade your machine.

HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct, we have Lync 2010 and the HDX 9001 is registered to our Lync 2010 system.

I'm not the admin of Lync system.  I'll forward your message to our Lync admin and see if he understands what you means.

HP Recommended

In another post, I've learnt that we are not eligible to version 3.1.  Is this bug of "AES encryption" corrected in ver 3.1 without that CMDlet?  Or they have nothing to do with each other?

HP Recommended

As this is not a bug...it isn´t "solved" in 3.1.1.3.

The CMDlet on the lync will set the server to support encryption.

This means that normal calls between lync clients stay encrypted but the hdx system is able to talk encrypted to lync clients and also unencrypted with endpoints, that don´t support encryption.

Otherwise, if a vc endpoint isn´t able to encrypt, the call wouldn´t be established.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your further explanation 🙂

HP Recommended

No problem...you´re always welcome 🙂

HP Recommended

There is actually a more logical solution but I don't think Polycom would spend human resource to implement it.  The solution is to introduce one more option called "When required" (along side with "When available", "Required for video calls only" and "Required for all calls")

HP Recommended

Hi.

The cmdlet did allow my HDX to set AES encryption to "When available".  Thanks

HP Recommended

Great to hear...thanks for posting your feedback 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.