Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

We are in the process of scoping a new cloud PBX to replace our on premise PBX.  The issue we are now facing is the UC element, particularly sourcing an agnostic camera and mic that can be installed into our meeting rooms and work with which ever platform we go with, in this case either the cisco broadcloud or gamma horizon.   Most of these devices are aimed at one or the other i.e. teams, zoon etc.

We use teams but not as a pbx/pstn system, just for meetings/IM.  We do not plan to convert into a phone system either, due to cost and some limitations and flexibility.

I've been told the poly studio will work with horizon platform.  we had in fact tested it and was disappointed in the quality of the video.

we are also trying to source a logitech rally.

Plan is to be able to support Teams, Gotomeeting and Cisco or Gammas UC/Video ability using said cameras.

We currently have monitors and some corporate PC's in the rooms.

Any suggestions welcome..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @chi_ ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your post was moved from the voice section as the question asked is not relating to video.

Can you kindly confirm what Studio model you tested?

• Poly Studio USB
  • Poly Studio X30
  • Poly Studio X50

All of the above can be used with a PC. The Poly Studio USB is a dedicated 4K Video Bar for use with a PC or a Mac.

The Poly Studio X is a dedicated 4K Video Codes which can register exclusively to many partner applications either in a native mode aka MicrosoftTeams, Zoom, LogMeIn, StarLeaf to mention a few. The resolution when using the above is based on the application used.

It can also run in standalone Poly OS mode and make calls to Cisco WebEx and many others.

On top of this, it can run in Device mode using a USB cable and become a speaker, microphone and camera and use an HDMI cable to a screen.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Yes it was the USB flavour, as we have compute devices in these rooms already.  

I trust the nativly designed cameras for teams zoom etc can be configured for other UC platforms, but the key is whether that will work with Horizon and Broadloud as well as they would with Teams etc..?

We have also been quoted for conference phones - typically polycoms - so wondered if these would be redundant to a point if using the cameras with teams or G2M or Horizons Collaborate ..?

HP Recommended

Hello @chi_ ,

if the Poly Studio X is being used in the partner mode only this partner mode is active aka for example Microsoft Teams the device cannot be used in any other mode and has the restrictions the partner has placed on the overall capabilities.

We document this here:

June 30, 2020 Question: Is there an overview of supported features running a Poly G7500 or Studio X50/X30 Poly Video OS Partner App mode?
Resolution: Please check >here<

If the device is in Poly OS mode none of these restrictions applies and if the service in question can, for example, be dialled without any additional infrastructure then the call is working.

An example would be the Poly Studio X calling a Cisco WebEx meeting via 1234567890@meetingsemea.webex.com

As a discussion like this is not an easy one via the medium of a community I suggest to work with a Poly reseller.

I cannot answer questions around other services but for example, a Poly Studio X/G7500 can be paired with a Poly Trio C60 and be used like a remote to the Poly Studio X/G7500.

The functionalities/interface again depends on the Poly Partner mode. A Poly Trio C60 can also operate in what we call Switching Call Applications explained >here<

Again for more details and demo's work with a Poly reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.