Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our Group 300 customer want to deplay this PPCIP on there server rather than install one by use .exe. Could you please help to clarify the possibility? Thank you.  

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Currently there is no .MSI package for People + Content IP (PPCIP).  However, it is possible to install the official v1.2.3 and v1.3 non-MSI installations silently.

To install PPCIP silently:

1 - Obtain the disk installation versions of PPCIP (as opposed to the single exe version, which is what is available on the website).

Note: The disk install versions for v1.2.3 and v1.3 are attached to this post.

2 - Extract the files to a folder.

3 - Run 'setup /s'

That's it.  PPCIP will be silently installed (or upgraded if already installed).

HP Recommended

Appreciate for your trying to help. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I've downloaded the setup file linked in this post and tried the /s flag and it doesn't install.

Is the MSI coming (soon?) or can you provide a full breakdown of the arguments this exe expects so I can deploy this to my workstations properly?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like know if its possible to have 1.3.1 package for silent install.

1.3.0 work fine but now 1.3.1 is out.

thx a lot

HP Recommended

Hi, I was having issues trying to deploy version 1.3.2. silently and automated.

I found the /s switch wasn't working for automated installs.

After a bit of research I found a solution searching for InstallShield switches on a forum (http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/installshield-setup-silent-installation-switches)

I found running the setup in command prompt with a /r switch and preforming a manual install from there gives you a 'setup.iss' file (outputs to C:\windows\setup.iss). You can then copy this .iss file to your source location where the files will be installed from (with your setup.exe and any other required files). The setup will then have all the information required to install the software silently without manual input. 

I will be deploying this software using a VB Scripts via SCCM and this seems to be working for me.

- Leesa 🙂 

Edit: I'm now using version 1.3.510 wich is available above, I'm not sure if it matters but when trouble shooting I used the newer version to try and fix my issues. 

HP Recommended

Hi Leesa, thanks for sharing this info. I tried to do this and found the setup.iss file but couldn't get the installer to read from it. (its still opening the wizard) Any chance you could share the VB script or method you used for a silent install via SCCM? We are trying to do the same thing in our enterpise. Thanks!

HP Recommended

We've not been able to reproduce the issues reported with the silent installscript script failing to install. I do know that if setup.exe is not run from the folder with the setup.iss file then the install will fail. A good test is launch a command prompt, 'cd' into the folder with setup.exe and setup.iss and verify that works. If it doesn't, please reply to this post.

HP Recommended

While there is still no PPCIP setup with msi file, we have been able to update the PPCIP v1.4.1 installer with the silent installscript script (setup.iss).

Instructions:

1 - Extract the attached PPCIP_v1.4.1_silent.zip file to a folder
2 - Change directory to that folder (calling program MUST be running from that program)
3 - Run 'setup /s'

HP Recommended

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. I tried out that version and it installed silently!  However the version that installs is actually an older version, 1.3.515. We had issues with the older versions not working on screens with higher DPI. Could you please create a package like this for the latest version? Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.