Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning all,

Was skimming around the Real Prescence Group Series manuals and checking the internet but decided to post here.  Has anyone ever set their Polycom system to dial-out automatically?  Is there a setting, that, once the system is booted up and has a network connection it can automatically dial out to another unit or say a video provider such as blue jeans?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello summeywise,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

The answer to my knowledge is no. Not on its own.

The GroupSeries does support an API so you could get a 3rd party or yourself to utilize this via a script. 

Information on this is in the FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a device (codec side kick) that could do this automatic dialing (and much more).   It's a small appliance that can be connected directly to the codec (thru RS232 or Telnet) and at boot, dial out to what ever number you like.

It could even be setup, that if the call dropped, it would automatically redial the call.  

This could even place test calls to a specific device (like another codec or bridge) at night and the monitor the statistics of that call to make sure the systems are connecting well.

If you are interested, please take a look at www.codecsidekick.com and see if it might be of interest.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

Hi Summywise,

Did you manage to resolve this one.

I find myself wanting to be able to identify the Bluejeans Bridge as a button at the least on the Trio.  At teh moment its a contact on teh directory, however this just isn't goo enough. I'd rather being able to make this a botton on teh bottom of the Trio.  pressing it will automatically dial out.

Keen to hear if you managed to get anywhere with this.

Thanks

Luke

HP Recommended

Hello Ikuret,

I did not resolve it, my company does the same with the contact in the directory.  If I resolve this I'll update you.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Will check this out thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information

HP Recommended

Not an 'auto-dial' but you can use speed dials and kiosk mode.

Enable it under Admin Settings > General Settings > Home Screen settings.

Then set Kiosk mode, turns off the on-screen icons.

They will be able to dial just hitting the number associated with the location.

HP Recommended

Hi Summeywise,

I found a partitail solution in my setup.

Basically in S4B I added in meet-syd@lync.bluejeans.com as though I was going to place a call to it.

I added thsi to Favorite which seems to now come up on the Trio in teh space where Line3 shoudl reside.

This works, however I would like teh ability to rename the label to BlueJeans.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.