Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We would like to enable auto-sharing of HDMI content (both locally and in-call) for our installed base of Group 500s paired with the older Touch Control panels. All Group 500s are currently running the latest 6.1.1. Is auto-sharing content no longer supported with this configuration?

On the administration page, under "Admin Settings -> Audio/Video -> Video Inputs", there is no option related to auto-sharing of content for particular inputs. Issuing an "autoshowcontent get" to the API does return "autoshowcontent on". However, connecting a source to the desired HDMI input does not trigger content sharing. Users must manually select "Show Content" and then select the (single) input to begin sharing. They must also deselect the input to disable sharing, otherwise the Group 500 continues to share a black screen.

Does anyone know if there are additional steps to enable automatic sharing on the Group 500s? (or 310s or 700s?).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not an option in the UI, but the API command for it still exists.  Check out the Integrator's Reference Guide for the 'autoshowcontent' command.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It is not an option in the UI, but the API command for it still exists.  Check out the Integrator's Reference Guide for the 'autoshowcontent' command.  

HP Recommended

I was doing some testing with Polycom Pano and after I had paired the Pano to the Group Series it appears to have disabled the "auto share on HDMI plug in" setting. After removing the Pano and trying to just plug in a laptop, I could not get the screen to share until I re-connected the Pano, unpaired it from the Group series and then the HDMI auto-detect worked again. I consider this a step in the wrong direction if the user setting is no longer available to do adjust this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.