Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HDX 9002 box and I need to connect the video to a composite input (long story).

What would be the best way of doing so? The DVI breakout is supposed to output composite via the green output if you select 'composite' on the codec but it just doesn't output anything (black screen). I also have an S-Video cable that came with the codec, it connects to the yellow and white BNC outputs near the DVI output on one end and has a standard S-Video plug on the other end. I used a little adapter to convert it to RCA, but the quality is very poor. I would, ideally, like to connect the RCA cable directly to the box.

Thanks,

BM3000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The White BNC on output one is your composite output. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The White BNC on output one is your composite output. 

HP Recommended
I get black and white picture when I connect to white BNC only.
HP Recommended

I assume this is due to the system using NTSC rather than PAL? I don't suppose there is a way of changing this?

HP Recommended

I changed the cable and it is now working fine. The quality is good now too. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.