Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I've had a polycom HDX 8000 running on version 3.0.0.2-13047 and it worked really well for me.  I dial in to it with quite a few different units and my own gateway unit.  Recently though I upgraded to 3.1.0-23277 and now sometimes when my gateway or a Sony PCS is connected to the HDX, the screen on the Polycom is black.  This is 100% not a network issue because this unit worked fine with the older version and I've done extensive packet capture to make sure that data is getting sent to the Polycom.

The device is on a public IP address and I am making H323 calls to it.  The H323 q931/h245 call setup/media negotiation look fine and logical channels are opened both way.  I see data travelling in both directions, but the video on the Polycom side is randomly showing up as blank at times.  I looked at the logs and noticed this:

2013-02-05 23:29:45 DEBUG avc: ti[4]: H26xDecoder[1]: GetProfileIdc: unsupported profile unknown 

But its a strange message.  My profile IDC is fine, its set to baseline, 0x42.  So I'm really confused why the polycom is blanking out on me.  I've included Polycom logs here:

https://www.box.com/s/ax2gsdafeen35lkc4gkx

Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.