Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here is hte information on my Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries 500:

Model: Realpresence Group 500

System Software: Realease - 5.0.0-211246

Maintenance/Warranty Status: None/Expired

I am getting ghost calls to the polycom.  The person dialing  in is using 1001@polycomIPAddress.  For example, the incomming ghost call looks like, 1001@123.456.78.910.  Note, I did not use the device's real IP address.

Can I block the address of the incomming call?

<Please Advise>

Thanks,

sd1233

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi sd1233,

A local Firewall or a Polycom Firewall traversal solution can be utilized to stop this. But there are several threads about this topic in this community, please use the search function.

HP Recommended

The first recommendation would be to get up to date on the software.  The software you are running is from Sept, 2015.  There have been a host of security updates since then.

You can look at the release notes and the Admin Guide for information on security enhancements since then.  This documentation is at www.polycom.com/videodocumentation

You can also access the security center at <here> for additional security information.  

HP Recommended

Hi, i have done update to the latest firmware 6.1.7.1 but also keep receving ghost call:

2850@192.168.1.39

2851@192.168.1.39

641@192.168.1.39

1781@192.168.1.39

1001@192.168.1.39

Kindly advise.

HP Recommended

Hello @Yong JI,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Apr 07,2015 Question: How can I prevent Phantom calls to my Video Solution?

Answer: A local Firewall or a Polycom Firewall traversal solution can be utilized to stop this. In order to add this to a possible future Software version in the form of a whitelist please open a Feature Request or check the Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

In order to request a blacklist / whitelist feature added to the Polycom GroupSeries you would require a feature request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Sorry for the late reply. The User now have reset the ip and the ghost call had disappeared. But another issue occur. the caller ables to see the user video and audio but couldn't see the caller video and audio at the far end. Kindly advise for such issue occur and any ports is required to open?

User had already open certain ports:

TCP 1720

TCP 3230 to 3243

UDP 3230 to 3341

TCP 49152 to 65535

UDP 16384 to 32764

Best Regards,

Yong Ji

HP Recommended

If the far end is not receiving the audio and the video it is most likely the firewall at that end.  They need to enable H.323 and / or SIP for videoconferencing in the firewall.

There are test numbers to dial to confirm the issue end, try using 71.14.2.157 or .158 as a test point.  It is a heavily used site so it may take more than one try to get throug to it.  Located in the Atlanta, GA, USA area.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.