Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All

My HDX 8000 will not boot.

When powered on at the wall socket, the camera moves a little distance as if it was starting up, makes a ticking sound, then moves back to its parked position.  This repeats every 2 seconds or so.

The light under the "on" button on the unit itself flashes blue in time with the movement/ticking of the camera, and pressing this button does nothing.  Only way to get the unit to do anything other than tick and move is to turn it off at the wall.

This happens when its plugged in and turned on the powerpoint.  I cant actually get the unit to boot.

Any ideas

thx

Pete

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Firstly Peter, welcome to the community.

The IR remote ONLY operates through the camera & it looks like your camera may be faulty.

It's best NOT to hot plug devices that receive power from the main system so this procedure may be a bit long winded

but necessary to prevent damage.  By hot plugging, I mean attaching peripherals when power is applied to the main system.  The On/Off switch on the front does not remove power from the peripherals.

IF you have another camera try that.

Damaged pins in the camera (HDCI) cable could cause this.

Debris in the HDCI connectors could cause this.

A faulty HDCI cable could cause this as could a faulty camera.

Finally, it is possible to insert the HDCI cable upside down.  The Polycom logo should be uppermost when the codec is on its side.

If I had to bet on the available info, I'd guess faulty camera & refer you to your supply channel for an RMA.  In the UK that is www.imagogroupplc.com.

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

My HDX 8000 just went off on the monitor but the power light (blue) remains on. When i plug it into power it only shows the power light but nothing happens.

Inside there is a red light showing on the board. i have two HDX 8000 systems and there is no red light in the other functional one. please assist.

HP Recommended

ried all the cables and camera and mic on the other one and they are working fine. tried different cables, camera and mic on this unit and still nthing

HP Recommended

Hello styv,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Most likely this unit is an RMA case. Maybe knowing the environment it has been used in (hot or cold) or the serial of the unit to look up its age.

The Serial usually starts with 82

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

the serial number on this unit is 8209360BE125CG. the date is 20090803

HP Recommended

Hello styv,

the details I can see is that this unit was sold to a financial organisation back in 15/10/2009.

As you are using a Gmail Email I am unable to see if you work for this organisation so I can only assume that this 8 year old unit was maybe sold 2nd hand and has now ended up with you.

As only a RMA via Polycom can fix this most likely unit I can only recommend to contact a Polycom reseller in regards of a buy back or a discount for a new unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

s the compact flash is faulty hence no booting. i tried connecting one from another HDX 8000 and it booted fine. How do i get a replacement for this.

HP Recommended

Hello styv,

You have not commented on the questions raised by myself and I do not believe we do sell individual SD cards.

Only a RMA is the official way to get this unit fixed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

This unit was bought second hand. As to your RMA it would be much simple to do if your company looked at the support section of your website. Firstly there is no way to contact you guys aside from the community. you do not have any dealers close by, not all of your customers are in Europe or the Americas. i am in Africa.

For me it would have been much simpler to send it to a dealer. Please bear in mind that whether i am a second hand user or not, i am still using your products.

If you do not sell flash drives separate then the ultimate solution is your recommended RMA Request.???

If there is a procedure to get this thing fixed i wont mind following. where i would be lost would be the fact that i did my own test and found the fault.....why do i have to go through so many protocols just for a flash drive replacement.???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.