Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dears,

We face Booting Problem  Video Endpoint HDX 8000 , When HDX 8000 powered on , polycom logo appeared and freeze , i tried to solve the problem with some procedures as the following :-

1- I tried to connect Polycom HDX 8000 by using LAN port without response.

2- I tried to connect Polycom HDX 8000 by using Serial RS-232 port without response.

3- I tried to connect Polycom HDX 8000 by using VCR/DVD Inputs/Outputs port without response.

4-  I made resetting system configuration by using Restore button , polycom logo appeared and freeze .

5- I made resetting system to its factory partition software by using Restore button , the window of software update version (2.6.0.4740) appeared and after that polycom logo appeared and freeze .

Note : Serial Number of HDX 8000 [ 8210130CA1B1CG]

Please , we want to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello eng_romeo,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The unit was purchased back in 2010 and without getting this back to Polycom we would be unable to diagnose.

It could be defective or if it has been running an older software version may had been exposed to an external party who modified the software.

Please work with your Polycom reseller to establish the root cause.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen for your reply but we want to fix the problem , we want to know the reason of this problem in order to not repeat to another device , we have a big numbers of Polycom Devices , we have not support for many HDX devices from reseller in KSA and our administration in work want to replace all Polycom Devices to cisco devices which have a good support in KSA , so that we want to fix a problem as soon as possible .

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello eng_romeo,

I am quite sure our reseller network in the United Arab Emirates is fine as I often work with the largest reseller there.

As mentioned in my original reply without getting this back to Polycom we would be unable to diagnose the root cause.

As an example I am unaware how these units are installed and temperature in your country could be an issue if the unit is used in an environment outside the specifications.

A few years ago there was also a security vulnerability discovered where access to the underlying linux os was gained and as a result the HDX would no longe fully boot. Not knowing what software version the unit was running prior to failing this could be possible as well.

We do make customers aware of these issue via our support page.

Stating all the above not having physical access to the unit will make troubleshooting impossible so please go ahead and contact your reseller FVC so they can assist you.

Looking at the history of the unit over the last 5 years there was never a support ticket logged with our Support teams.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.