Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Brand New V700 with manuf. date late 2008 does not show Polycom logo, and no boot noise. Is this is a known issue? Tried 3 known good power supplies, so should not be a power issue. All 3 power supplies boot my test V700 just fine. One note: I am just connecting a power supply, shouldn't that be enough? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

V700 has 3 (three) power switches >>> refer to page 2 <<<. Check them all being on. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

try find power switch in V700  and switch it to ON position 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. Yes, the rear power switch is on, and the front power button LED is not on Standby. I can see "Video Conference" on the LCD screen, and can access the menu, etc, and see it on the screen. It seems like the "Polycom" portion is not activating, and using a known good remote has no effect either. This unit is new, and never configured, so I am told.

HP Recommended

V700 has 3 (three) power switches >>> refer to page 2 <<<. Check them all being on. 

HP Recommended

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I missed that. I was close to selling it for parts, which would have been a great deal for the buyer!!! Another funny part is the first V700 I got, which I will use for testing both of them, must have the switch in the On position, so never knew it was there. Thank you very much!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.