Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI all !

I just to upgrade my HDX 8000 in the 3.0.3, in the new features there is a Webdirector.

I tried to use this, but when I want to use the camera control arrows, the camera didnt stop to turn, it was impossible to ajust the camera in the position I wanted.

To use a correct camera position, I had to use the presets.

I don't know if another people had the same probleme with the other HDX (4000, 6000, 7000 ...).

Bye !

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The problem with changing the camera in the web director is that the frames will only update on the web director every 5 seconds.  So, if your trying to move the camera you might have overshot the area. The web director is only for showing you an Image update of the near and far ends, It is not full motion video (24 fps). When using the camera controls, click on them and release, and then wait for the update on the web director screen.   If you hold down the movement controls, it will overshoot the area you wish to move to. This is working as designed.  Presets are a good way of getting your camera where you want it.

HP Recommended

You can also use the 'Remote Control' on the web. From the WebUi go to 'Tools' and select Remote Control.  A window opens that is a replica of a remote control.  This is real time 

HP Recommended

On the contrary, if the user is relying on remote monitoring to move the camera around it is still going to have the delay no matter if they are using Web Director or the Soft Remote. The best bet is to created presets as Marcux was saying.

HP Recommended

Hi all !

Thank you for your replies !!

I want to explain to you I clicked just once on the arrow and the camera didn't stop to turn.

It's may be an issue from my PC ....

Thanks all !

HP Recommended

I just upgraded my HDX 8000 HD Rev B to 3.0.3-14451. I am controlling the camera through the WebDirector as well as the Soft Remote and the camera is responding normally. I am watching the video both locally and through the Web and all seems well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.