Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have an HDX 7000 device with Eagle Eye HD camera. We had recently an issue on the camera and according to local polycom reseller, it is unusable.

We asked for a a quote to buy a new camera but to our surprise the local reseller said that since we don't have renewed the support contract we can't buy the camera separately and the only option is to buy whole solution (HDX 7000 device + camera + microphone).

I would like to confirm if what the reseller is saying is true. And if not, how can we deal with that.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The MPTZ-6 is no longer sold by Polycom, the current EagleEye camera which is being sold is the MPTZ-9. 

You could call service and get a quote for a T&M repair on the MPTZ-6 camera.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Current camera EagleEye III is  supported by SW  3.0.1 and above. If your SW is older, you need valid service contract for ability to upgrade ....

HP Recommended

Thank you Ovg.

Does it mean I have to through all my current equipment and buy new full solution, since reseller said that I have to pay service contract for the past three years and in this case it will cost more than a new full solution.

Who can I contact from polycom for this kind of issues, I can't find a way or a contact on the website.

HP Recommended

Anyone from polycom staff can help on this ?

HP Recommended

Not sure about the question.

If the question is about the current camera, the current camera is the EagleEye III and it does require 3.0.1 HDX software.  Your system needs to be at software version 3.0.1 for the system to use the EagleEye III camera.

If you are not at the 3.0.1 software you have 2 options, first get a service contract which allows you to upgrade or purchase the upgrade to the current software 3.1.x. 

Prior to any upgrade I would advise reading the release notes to determine if the software meets your needs.

HP Recommended

2 Steven_Zabriski:

@Kader wrote:

"Does it mean I have to through all my current equipment and buy new full solution, since reseller said that I have to pay service contract for the past three years and in this case it will cost more than a new full solution ...." 

HP Recommended

This is the first I have heard of this.  We have a spare HDX-8000 we just ordered a new camera for, and nothing was mentioned about having to buy a new system.  Were  you able to get an answer on that?

HP Recommended

I am not sure I understand the question, please contact your Polycom sales representative so they can talk directly with you to give you clarification.

HP Recommended

Thank you all for your answers.

I am really surprised about the short life-span of camera models. We are really disappointed that after just three years of use we are forced to renew our equipment.

Anyone knows how can I contact Polycom sales representative by mail, I didn't find it in the site.

Regards,

Kader

HP Recommended

Hello Kader,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Without knowing details about the issue or having analyzed the camera by a Polycom engineer it is difficult to comment on the above.

As every electronic device the cameras are affected by the environment they are used in and so far you have not provided more details on the issue that you had with the camera.

There are several RMA options but the simplest solution would be to contact Polycom directly in the country you reside in.

As an example the contact form for the UK can be found => here <=

Another possibility is to have a live chat or simply call Polycom, the Contact Us option for the UK page is => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.