Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

C60 as SIP phone and controller while paired to X50?

Triumph_Nut
Occasional Visitor

C60 as SIP phone and controller while paired to X50?

Hi Team,

Does anyone know if the C60 retains it's SIP phone functionality while paired to an X50 as controller / Mic?

Documentation not clear on this other than putting C60 in 'Device Mode'

I cannot lay my hands on one right now, so unable to test

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mshu
Esteemed Contributor

Re: C60 as SIP phone and controller while paired to X50?

Hi @ Triumph_Nut,

you can handle this with "App Switching". Have a look at the release notes for more info:

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/realpresence-trio/release-not...

For example:

Generic Base Profile in Device Mode with a Controller Application
Set the following parameter values to switch between the system’s configured controller application
(Zoom Rooms Controller, Microsoft Teams Controller or PolyVideo Controller), and the Poly OpenSIP call application while it’s in Device Mode:
● device.set=”1”
● device.baseProfile.set=”1”
● device.baseprofile=“Generic”
● apps.android.appSwitcher.enabled=”1”

Message 2 of 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: C60 as SIP phone and controller while paired to X50?

Hello @Triumph_Nut ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As already explained by @mshu  since UC Software 5.9.4 Rev AA >here< we do support this using a Poly Trio C60. We documented this in the "Switching Call and Control Applications on Trio C60" section

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3