Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I try to install CMA Desktop 5.2.5.35726 on OS X 10.9 and keep failing as the installer does not recognize the already installed Adobe AIR.

I downloaded AIR (from the link in the installer), installed it, pressed "Continue" in the CMA installer - still the dialog "Adobe AIR Runtime version 2.0 or later must be installed before the installatin can continue ..." re-appears.

I tried

a/ re-install AIR: Air says: this version is already installed

b/ log file: I can see Air update checks resulting in: newest version installed

c/ uninstall AIR - reinstall - same result

d/ tried to bypass the AIR version linked in the installer and went to Adobe directly to download air - same result

e/ yes, I rebooted many times ...

Any idea or does CMA 5.2.5 simply not work on OS X 10.9? The readme does not tell me anything regarding 10.9

Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Tom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact your Polycom reseller or Polycom support directly as they should be able to provide you with a Hot Fix or a Work around.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have experienced the exact same problem, right after upgrading Adobe Air from v4 -> v13, and trying to reinstall the same version of Polycom I already had installed, v5.2.5.35726. Also am on on MacOSX 10.8

Is there a chance this is caused by Adobe changing the Air versions so significantly, and the Polycom app isn't accounting for it?

HP Recommended

Same problem on macbook AIR 13' 2014 with MacOS 10.9.2

Where is the solution?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello dpiedrabuena,

I had already replied here:

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Tom,

Please contact your Polycom reseller or Polycom support directly as they should be able to provide you with a Hot Fix or a Work around.

The answer is still the same, please contact Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Im getting the same error/problem but i use Windows 7 - 64 bit. Any ideas? I've tried to contact the support but they couldn't help me.

HP Recommended

Hello Joel,

• For Windows related CMAD Adobe Air issues please quote VIDESC-12020

• For Apple MAC related CMAD Adobe Air issues please quote VIDESC-12237 

We require to track this internally and therefore you must contact Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

You can get around this problem by installing an older version of Air. After encountering this problem, back rev'd to Adobie AIR 2.02 and CMAD installs. 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

please note that we have released CMA 5.2.6 and m100 with a fix for this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.