Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have installed the Adobe AIR 13. After that i like to install CMADesktop. But i get the error -> please install Adobe AIR 2.0 or newer.

I tried to install AIR again but i get the message Adobe AIR is installed. I can't find an older version of Adobe AIR.

Is there a solution for this issue?

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please let me know if you find a solution to this. There are several topics here mentioning a hotfix, but no links to it, only references to contact your reseller which isn't of any help if you don't have a contract or dealings with them currently.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue... after searching online and finding no answer, I managed to get someone from Polycom on the line...

apparently the CMA dektop has an incompatibility with Adobe AIR and you need to downgrade it to version 4 to be able to install CMA (you can upgrde after installation has been completed, but only then)

Here is what they told me:

Here is the workaround to install the CMA Desktop client.

1. Remove Adobe Air 13.x
2. Install Adobe AIR v4.0
3. Install CMAD v5.2.5 or M100 client
4. If during install of CMAD/M100, AIR prompts for newer version - IGNORE
5. After install of CMAD v5.2.5/M100 if AIR prompts for newer version, ok to upgrade.

I hope this helps

Disclaimer: although I was able to install CMA desktop, I still havent been able to place a call (that is why I am still in the forums looking for a solution)

HP Recommended

Hello sergiomf,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have removed your link from your post as this Link is not intended for public broadcasting.

As a professional organisation we need to ensure that we keep track of the distribution of any files and I therefore explained that a End User needs to contact their Polycom reseller.

If there is no current relationship or current maintenance contract I would suggest to contact Polycom directly so we can provide this patch on an individual bases.

• For Windows related CMAD Adobe Air issues please quote VIDESC-12020

• For Apple MAC related CMAD Adobe Air issues please quote VIDESC-12237

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.