Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have uninstalled and re-installed the webcam drivers.  The Logitech video test shows the camera as working as can see myself.  I have uninstalled/re-installed CMASDesktop.  I have tried 3 webcams, all which work on other CMADesktops, with no success.  I check the Hardware Devices under PC Computer and can see no errors.  I have removed driver from devices and when I plug webcam back into USB port it is recognized and driver installed.  There is nothing that I can see that would grab the webcam for use other than CMAD.  Any suggestions on what else to check?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi!

Please verify that the webcam is indeed selected by the CMA Desktop.

You can do this by:

1. Click the "Menu" button on the top-left corner of the CMA Desktop and select "Preferences"

2. In the window that pops-up, select the "Video" menu from the left

3. Make sure that under "Select Camera" the option is not set to "None". If it is, please select "Specifiy" and select the Logitech camera from the drop-down list or select "Automatic" to allow the software to select the default camera.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks Daniel but have already tried that.  For some reason CMAD just will no longer recognize the webcam.  The CMAD on my system recognizes the webcams not being recognized on system having issues with.  Just seems starnge the the logitech software sees the webcam but not CMAD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.