Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I've upgraded a CX5000 from original firware (1.00) to current available on support site

the download process was ok

but CX after starting cycle a reboot sequence every 45 seconds

opened a SR - did a factory reset - no way: firmware upgrade progress bar starts at 0% but after few seconds the cycle reboot again

i've also tried to reload new firmware: only CPUBOOT blocks succeed, because the entire system (NK.bin) lasts too long to upload and it gets interrupted by reboot

where I can find older firmware files? I guess it's an incompatibility issue of the loader module that prevents stable boot

any further hint?

Thanks

Andrea

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello Andreab,

Just to double check, is your system branded with Polycom or Microsoft on the base underneith the touch screen?

Thanks for the additional information.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem (underneath it says Microsoft Roundtable). Have you been able to fix this issue?

What are the steps. Need this urgently.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Greetings,

Any update on this case? Stumbled on the same problem with one Polycom CX 5000... Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for the effort.

KR,

Ognjen
HP Recommended

Hello,

Any solutions for the problem?

I have the same issue with a brand new device.

It worked for 2-3 times ( out of 30-40) . Doesn't seem very stable.

Found an interesting sentence in the release notes ,  http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/cx5000/Polygon_CX5000_Release_Notes.pdf

"Workaround: Restart the Polycom CX5000 device. If the issue persists, restart the Polycom 

CX5000 device again after powering off for 1 hour"

It doesnt' solve the problem.

Thanks for any advice .

Best Regards, Albert

HP Recommended

Did you solve the problem? I'm experiencing the same

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. It's disappointing that the Polycom community support is so dismal. You'd think that someone from Polycom might lend a hand. I'd rank Polycom product support as very poor, relative to competitors.

HP Recommended
Hello all,
Welcome to the Polycom community.
The initial response of one of my colleagues was below.

@RJanis wrote:

Hello Andreab,

Just to double check, is your system branded with Polycom or Microsoft on the base underneath the touch screen?

Thanks for the additional information.

None of the follow up replies contain this information. Nobody provided any information on the prior and then updated version either.

The Polycom Community clearly states:

"The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines. If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us."

If the issue is urgent you will need to contact Polycom support either via your reseller or via a web request.

Community participation is not mandatory and therefore some topics may be overlooked.

Would you be able to contact our support team directly so that we can troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing in a professional and affective manner?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well, I think there is a very good reason why Polycom support is so dismal - they want more money! Everybody wants money, but it should be fair way to get them. Selling hardware that fails shortly after warranty period expires (1 year) is good thing for Polycom (can make more money) but bad thing for clients. Once you get nailed (or burned) you will never ever want to come back again.

I have HDX 9002 unit that is stuck on Polycom splash screen and won't boot properly. I'm more than sure that this is not malfunctioning electronics or PCB board, they are pretty solid. This is like software bug or issue that prevent unit from booting up properly. The only solution I was given is to replace with refurbished unit for $4,000. Yeah right, I can get one for half price off eBay. Same for CX5000 units. If they work - great, you are lucky. If they dies, you are on your own. And this is not a hardware issue most likely.

I do re-sell CX5000 and RoundTables for couple of years and I've seem many dead units. I can use them for parts and sometimes lucky to combine 2 non-working units into one working unit. Power Data Box is another headache - they are expensive, and power supply inside is not very reliable. <removed by the moderator as we do not support or can be held responsible fur such suggested repair options>.

What I can definitely suggest is try following steps:

1. Try resetting unit. There is a reset button on the back of the camera unit, close to USB connector for dial pad. You need to hold button while powering on. If the reboot issue caused but software mismatch between camera unit and power data box, this might help. For sure it won't hurt.

2. Try replacing power data box. I know it may not be easy to do if all you have is one unit, but maybe somebody else have power data box you can borrow? At least this way you can figure out if the problem with camera unit or power data box. When you update firmware, it firs go to camera unit (because USB cable is there) and then after reboot it is transferred to power data box.

3. Try connecting your power data box to another unit. If this will work, you can re-load different version of firmware and potentially fix the problem.

One more thing that I really wan to say. Today world is different from what it was few years ago. Before you buy something, get 1 year warranty, and then you are on your own. But it was hardware product, so usually nothing happens. Today it is very tricky: yeah, my warranty expires, but you (Polycom) continue supporting the product and release firmware updates. One day your software break my device. Who should pay for this? I think Polycom, not client. This is the problem.

And something to say at the end. Polycom, Avaya and Cisco feel the heat from Microsoft. I mean Lync. No matter what they invent, Lync will blow away all these proprietary systems that costs $20,000+ per unit. And they will try anything to keep themselves protected. But they don't realize that the best way to earn more money is not to screw customers - but help them! If they don't get it, too bad for them. They should start helping clients, not fight with them.

This is my 2 cents...

HP Recommended

@AlexG

I have removed some reference from your post as we cannot support or be held responsible if any user would follow up this advise.

In addition you may still have a miss conception of the main purpose of the Polycom community Forum.

It is not a replacement for our support infrastructure. 

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other (within limits i.e. not posting unsupported potential dangerous repair suggestions).

If a Polycom product owner has an issue that requires the attention of Polycom support they must contact their Polycom reseller.

The product has been purchased from their Polycom reseller and any first line support responsibility lies with this reseller. At no point in my original reply has any cost been mentioned. It should be in the best interest of the reseller to help their customer.

Only the reseller can raise a ticket with Polycom support due the fact that resellers / partners are trained on the Polycom products.

In case of this post none of the original posters has provided any follow up or details in order for other community members to make any suggestions.

The community itself is in no way connected to our support portal and in order to track and advise an customer professionally these kind of issues need to be dealt with via our professional services organization.

In the case of your own HDX I have personally replied to most/all of your post's and explained that your HDX has been most likely been the victim of a hacker as it has been left completely unprotected either on a Wan or Lan connection. You would be in the same situation with a PC that had it's Bios hacked.

Once Polycom was aware of the issue last year in May we immediately notified our partners and provided a free software upgrade ensuring that even unprotected units should no longer be exposed to this kind of issue.

Only Polycom support can determine and potentially fix this issue.

Without raising this via your Reseller we cannot action here.

Please bear in mind that there is a difference between manufacturers warranty and the warranty you receive from your reseller. 

You will need to work this via your reseller who sold you the unit.

I hope this explains some of the replies within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.