Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

A colleague tried updating CX5100 via network, but the installation failed.  Now  the device starts with the flashing green lights, but nothing happens. I tried to download the latest TAR file and install it with a USB drive (FAT32 formatted) but the device never starts flashing red and green. I tried with the reset button with the instructions from the manual, with and without the usb stick. If I insert a blank usb no logs are written.

Is the device bricked or is there another procedure to get the firmware to the device? Is it possible that some boot files on the sd card are corrupted and if that is the case can anyone share them? Thank you all for your time.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Mihailo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you follow this guide => here <= ?

I am unsure how you would be aware that there is an SD card inside other than opening the unit which may affect your warranty status.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. That was the first thing I tried. Then I tried the same procedure with a usb and the tar file on it but the restoring doesn't start. Since the device is old, it is out of warranty. I sent you the serial via PM and would be gratefull if you could tell me who can support the device.

Best regards,

Mihailo

HP Recommended

Same issue here, everything tried, no success 😞

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Stefan

HP Recommended

Hello Stefan,

The answer is the same as to the original poster. This needs to be raised with Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your fast response, we have no more warranty on our CX5100, and we dont want to pay for any support tickets. Thats why I tried to get a solution via internet, if the the device bricks, its ok for us because we cant use it anymore with flashing LEDs.

So if there is any solution we can do, please let me know. We dont care if we have to open the screws or anything, because as said, we have no more warranty.

Best regards,

Stefan Morgenbesser

HP Recommended

Hello Stefan,

As this is the official Polycom support community hosted by Polycom and answer's are provided by Polycom employees I cannot recommend to open the device and will remove any other replies around the same matter.

An official Polcyom answer has been provided and that is to proceed with an RMA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello support team,

I have the same issue too, I tried to apply what is recommend on my device but no luck, still blinking.

Any suggestions please?

Best Regards

Diler

HP Recommended

Hello @Diler,

The answer is the same as to the original poster. This needs to be raised with Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your devices MAC /  Serial address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The SN is 41B418

Couln't find the MAC address, attached please find the back lable of the device.

Thank you!

Diler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.