Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After migrating to Lync Server 2013 in Microsoft CIE our CX7000 can no longer register to Lync Server.

I upgraded the CX7000 to version 1.1.0, but no improvement.

We receive a Lync error message on CX7000 that the Lync version is not supported on the server.
I see that Lync 2010 in CX7000 is now version 4.0.7577.4087 (CU5?).

Is this a known issue @ Polycom ?
What fix is available, planned and when ?

What are the plans to have Lync 2013 client in CX7000 ?

Thanks for you help,

Dirk

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello DirkG,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the current latest Release notes 1.1 => here <=

At present the CX7000 only support LYNC 2010 and Office 365 and I am unable to comment on LYNC 2013 support until this is officially released.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you require more information or timelines.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen.
We got the CX7000 v.1.1.0 registered to Lync Server 2013.

The problem was Lync related as there was a client version policy that blocked older Lync versions.
After changing this policy on our Lync Server 2013 the CX7000 with Lync 2010 4.0.7577.4087 registers fine.

Kr,
DirkG

HP Recommended

Hello DirkG,

just so you are aware, from a support perspective, if any issues arise this setup is currently not supported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.