Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm Viktor Kun from Hungary, to BSC Kft, we are the Hungarian distributor.

Our partner has a CX7000 video endpoint. That is working very well, but, one of update maybe are hitched.

During a meeting or sometime just restart itself. So it's is very strange.

The questions:

How to chack the actual updates, or how to ignore one? How to look behind the front of screen, what happening in background?!

Best regards: Viktor Kun

vkun['at']hrp.hu

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a customer site like Viktor with a CX7000 where the updates are Windows Update to the underlying OS (Windows 7 embedded).  The customer had organised a series of test calls last night and Windows updates forced a (long) restart during one of the calls.  I have read the various CX7000 pdf’s (admin and user) from the Polycom site and there is no mention of how to configure/disable Windows Updates on a CX7000. I thought the .wim update was an OS update too and so was covered by normal upgrade process.

If anyone knows how to stop this please let me know.

Thanks

John 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is most likely caused by the company policy on the account used for the CX7000.

The CX7000 itself has the windows updates turned off but this can get overwritten by a company policy.

The only workaround to prevent these updates if the System Admin is unwilling to deactivate these for the account is to upgrade to Version 1.1 and utilize the CX7000 in standalone mode.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I will pass on to my customer.

Happy Christmas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.