Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I work in IT for the RNLI and we have received a CX7000 system to test. Before I can take the system out of the box I need to write up a solutions document as to how it needs to be configured. I have had a look at the Admin guide but cannot find the answers to my questions. Please could someone answer these for me?

We have a CX7000

A Domain

A Lync Server 2010

An Exchange Server 2010

1) How does the CX7000 register on the domain? As a device? Does it need a domain login account as well?

2) How does the CX7000 register on the Lync Server? As a device?

3) I assume it will need a domain login with a exchange account to be able to search for our other users?

4) Will it pickup Group Policy as a device? Or User? Or neither?

5) We need to setup QoS for the Video Conferences, if it doesn't get this from GPO like the rest of our devices, how can it be setup? Does it have settings on the device itself or can they be setup on the Lync server once it is setup as a device on there?

Thanks,

Glenn

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1) How does the CX7000 register on the domain? As a device? Does it need a domain login account as well?

Yes, it registers as a device but needs also a lync enabled Account to sign in to lync. From FW version 1.1, it can also work in standalone mode (here and here)

It uses the AD User account.to register

3) I assume it will need a domain login with a exchange account to be able to search for our other users?

You should have the user account with exchange to use calendering ect. - so, Yes

Some more infos can be found here.

HP Recommended

Yes. Registers as a device and also create a computer account in AD. Need to have a Lync account to login. With latest version you can login as a standalone device. 

Same as above. 

Yes. Recommended room mailbox and enabled AD account. 

4) Will it pickup Group Policy as a device? Or User? Or neither?

GPO as a device or computer account. 

5) We need to setup QoS for the Video Conferences, if it doesn't get this from GPO like the rest of our devices, how can it be setup? Does it have settings on the device itself or can they be setup on the Lync server once it is setup as a device on there

It will pick QOS and policies applied on your Lync user. 

Hope this answers your questions. 

Thanks,

Ghouse

@Uwe_Ansmann wrote:

Yes, it registers as a device but needs also a lync enabled Account to sign in to lync. From FW version 1.1, it can also work in standalone mode (here and here)

It uses the AD User account.to register

You should have the user account with exchange to use calendering ect. - so, Yes

Some more infos can be found here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.