Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.  Now that certification for the GroupSeries has been announced, I would like to address an issue that I have been having with my two 310s that are both running 6.1.1 and connected to Skype online.  As far as licenses go, I have the following assigned to each of the accounts that I use to log on to the devices:

Skype for Business Cloud PBX
Skype for Business PSTN Domestic Calling
Exchange Online (Plan 2)
Skype for Business Online (Plan 2)

I create a new Skype Meeting from Outlook on my computer and I invite the appropriate account to the meeting.  When I go into the room that has the 310, I see that meeting on the touch panel.  When I select it and hit join, I am told that the call can't be completed.  I found that this is because it is dialing the conference ID number as the phone number.  If I just try and call the phone number manually, I can connect to the audio but not the video.  I have two Real Presence Trio with Visual+ devices in use here and this is the same process that I follow for meetings in those rooms and it works fine.  I'm just not sure how to get the 310 to dial the meeting phone number and not the conference number.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If anyone else comes upon this thread having the same issue, the solution was pretty simple.  Just head to Admin Settings > Network > Dialing Preference and ensure that video dialing order is set to SIP, audio preference 1 is SIP and audio preference 2 is H.323.  That did the trick.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Are these Invites from a Federated account or similar?

If the Trio running 5.4.5 9111 works and the GroupSeries dows not most likely the missing TNEF Information.

This is a feature we added to the VVX and the Trio and is planned for a future GroupSeries release.

• Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format or TNEF is a proprietary email attachment format used by Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server. An attached file with TNEF encoding is most often named winmail.dat or win.dat, and has a MIME type of Application/MS-TNEF.

I would suggest you work with Support so they can check this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, the invitations are coming from my domain account which is synced up to Office 365 in the same environment where the accounts for the Trio and 301 accounts live.  I am running 5.4.5.9188 on my Trios. 

I guess I will contact support.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

If anyone else comes upon this thread having the same issue, the solution was pretty simple.  Just head to Admin Settings > Network > Dialing Preference and ensure that video dialing order is set to SIP, audio preference 1 is SIP and audio preference 2 is H.323.  That did the trick.

HP Recommended

This was exactly what we were looking for, worked fantastic!    Thank you very much for this, sorry to revive an ancient post but if Polycom could have provided this information in the last 60 days of our clients trying to troubleshoot Skype calling I wouldn't have been searching.... 

Funny thing is for this scenario (Group500) is that BOTH video preferences 1 and 2 were set to IP H.323 which I cannot seem to do when selecting manually...  Looked like a glitch from provisioning or during a software update.

Again, thank you very much!

Daryl.

HP Recommended

Hello @DMcLeod-Evolution 

Can you provide a Poly ticket number so I can ensure this will be linked together?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This happens occasionally to me too. It always seems to align with provisioning. If the GS cant reach its SIP or H323 registrar fast enough, the system defaults the dial preference to whichever protocol it has a active registration with. Even if it straightens itself out, the dial order stick and has to be manually changed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.