Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Calling in to Skype Online Conference

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Calling in to Skype Online Conference

Hello.  Now that certification for the GroupSeries has been announced, I would like to address an issue that I have been having with my two 310s that are both running 6.1.1 and connected to Skype online.  As far as licenses go, I have the following assigned to each of the accounts that I use to log on to the devices:

Skype for Business Cloud PBX
Skype for Business PSTN Domestic Calling
Exchange Online (Plan 2)
Skype for Business Online (Plan 2)

I create a new Skype Meeting from Outlook on my computer and I invite the appropriate account to the meeting.  When I go into the room that has the 310, I see that meeting on the touch panel.  When I select it and hit join, I am told that the call can't be completed.  I found that this is because it is dialing the conference ID number as the phone number.  If I just try and call the phone number manually, I can connect to the audio but not the video.  I have two Real Presence Trio with Visual+ devices in use here and this is the same process that I follow for meetings in those rooms and it works fine.  I'm just not sure how to get the 310 to dial the meeting phone number and not the conference number.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Chris
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Calling in to Skype Online Conference

Hello Chris,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Are these Invites from a Federated account or similar?

If the Trio running 5.4.5 9111 works and the GroupSeries dows not most likely the missing TNEF Information.

This is a feature we added to the VVX and the Trio and is planned for a future GroupSeries release.

• Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format or TNEF is a proprietary email attachment format used by Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server. An attached file with TNEF encoding is most often named winmail.dat or win.dat, and has a MIME type of Application/MS-TNEF.

I would suggest you work with Support so they can check this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<==== Signature / Disclaimer ======>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the invitations are coming from my domain account which is synced up to Office 365 in the same environment where the accounts for the Trio and 301 accounts live.  I am running 5.4.5.9188 on my Trios. 

I guess I will contact support.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

If anyone else comes upon this thread having the same issue, the solution was pretty simple.  Just head to Admin Settings > Network > Dialing Preference and ensure that video dialing order is set to SIP, audio preference 1 is SIP and audio preference 2 is H.323.  That did the trick.

Message 4 of 4